Tuesday 9 February 2010

Spilling thoughts to bring in the new

I was speaking to a friend on the benefits of a blog when he came to Cardiff on the weekend. I recommended he keep one because of his situation at the moment. He's new to London, and in living with a nice but delusional artist with aspirations of making it to pop stardom from the burlesque scene, is quite isolated. It's a good way to air your innermost thoughts, rather than let them curl up and die in that environment, and can be the adult equivalent of an imaginary friend that a child would conjure in times of need, only with a blog there's always the chance of some recognition for what you say, which also makes for the chance of making new links from your own thoughts and passions, which can only be good.

Which brings me to why I started mine, as an ode to upcoming changes, and also as somewhere to air simple words, sadness and joys that would maybe have gone to a friend who may not be there any more, thanks to many twists of fate, and some existential anguish on my part.

I had my first case of blogger's block last week, when I'd written some things from current pre-occupations of mine and didn't post them. My creative impulse has been seeking to heal certain things, and in not airing them, and with so many new thoughts waiting to come through, yesterday I felt like I had mentally stagnated. So today I'll spend an hour letting them go, before heading to London to a Night of Indiepop Legends, starring Darren Hayman and Amelia Fletcher, and then checking out the open day at the School Of Oriental Studies tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment